Are tattoos a moral issue? Doesn’t the Bible say something about not getting them? We go over all of these questions and more in this week’s Bonus episode! (Happy St. Patrick’s Day!)
Listen to Episode
- “You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord” (Lev. 19:28).
- Some tattoos could be morally permissible, but there are a number of points to take into consideration.
- What is the motive?
- Are the words or images “clean?”
- Are you putting yourself in any serious health risk?
- After getting inked (or pierced) do your body parts still function as normal?
- Will the tattoo offend family, friends, or acquaintances?
- Is the expense justified?
- Fun reads: