What are the basic steps someone must take to enter the Catholic Church? As overwhelming as it may seem, becoming a Catholic is not as scary and hard as some may think. And it’s definitely worth taking a look into. This episode is for anyone on the cusp of becoming Catholic or anyone who knows someone who is considering it.
Listen to Episode
Who is the process for?
- The unbaptized (The primary focus of RCIA)
- Baptized but uncatechized (aka, Baptized as a child but then never taught the faith)
- Those seeking full Catholic Communion (those Baptized in another Christian denomination)
Stages of process:
- Purification and Enlightenment
Questions to ask oneself:
- Are you familiar enough with Church teachings?
- Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?
- Do you have faith in the Trinity, Mary, and transubstantiation?
- Have you read a good portion of the Bible?
- Have you tried praying?