In honor of MLK day, Declan and Justin discuss the question “Why is Slavery in the Bible?”
The logic that follows is something like: if God allowed slavery, and slavery is bad, then God must not be good or is a liar. This question is posed throughout the internet and is often poorly explained. Declan and Justin attempt to clear up the misconceptions that arise around the issue of slavery in the Bible.
Listen to Episode
- Slavery in the Mosaic time
- The early Church and why slavery wasn’t a hot button topic at the time
- Popes’ responses over the centuries about slavery
- Slavery in America and why the Church couldn’t act
- Modern day slavery: sex slaves