Declan and Justin sit down with Father Brian Welding who is part of the Diocese of Pittsburgh’s exorcism task force. They pick his brain about all the misconceptions surrounding this often forgotten practice: does Hollywood depict exorcism accurately, how do you determine if someone is possessed, do people really believe in demons still?
Listen to the Episode
- “And when evening was come, they brought to him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word: and all that were sick he healed” Matthew 8:16
- Who is Father Brian and why is he considered a knowledgeable source regarding exorcism?
- Aren’t people who are possessed just mentally ill in some way?
- What are ways one can protect themselves from demonic activity?
- What is evil? Do demons really exist?
- Does Hollywood accurately depict what does on during an exorcism?