Declan and Justin take a second stab at this episode (after a first recording debacle) and serve up a juicy list of “hacks” anyone can use to get more out of going to Church.
If you think “I get nothing out of church” or “church is boring” this episode is for you!
Listen to the episode
- Read over the readings prior to leaving for Mass
- Dress nicer than normal
- Show up 15 to 20 minutes early
- Sit towards the front
- Try to sing all the songs
- Distracted? Look around at artwork and statue
- Give during the collection
- Bow after lifting of the Body and Blood saying “My Lord and My God” in the heart
- Receive communion on the tongue
- Stay 10 minutes after Mass to pray
- Recognize that Mass is a prayer
- Pray in a Catholic Church throughout the week
- Talk about your faith outside of Mass