If God is so good and loving, then why did he create a world filled with evil and suffering?
Bad things happen all the time. Terrible events occur throughout the world everyday. This often drives people away from God who say that he must not exist to allow these things to happen. Declan and Justin tackle a difficult subject in this episode: the meaning of suffering.
Listen to the episode:
- What does the Catholic Church say about evil and suffering? Do they have a purpose?
- What is free will? Is free will needed for true love?
- The question of evil
- What is the standard of good? (hint: it’s Jesus)
- God not only tolerates suffering, He experienced it.
- Internal vs External suffering