We bet you weren’t expecting this episode!
It’s become quite fashionable to bring up the Inquisition when arguing with a Catholic. It wasn’t our proudest moment, we know. But what you probably don’t know is there are so many misconceptions surrounding this time period that we couldn’t even fit them all into one episode. In this week’s episode, Declan and Justin try to debunk these misconceptions to frame the argument in a whole new light.
Listen to the episode:
- A little Mel Brooks to kick things off
- Brief overview of European history
- Loyalty to the Church equaled loyalty to the State
- How many people actually died during the Inquisition? (hint: It’s nowhere close to 95 million)
- Why did the Church allow torture?
- The Pink Fuzzy Sock Award goes to….